Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Father's Prayer 8/14/2007

To be a father,
wisdom from experience must offer
though I may be not be the most perfect example
love must not be thrown in a hamper
always unconditional and teaching
while y child grows & grows, knows & knows
for a meaning seeking to be reaching,
TO the Lord we be kneeling.
My child, I smile when you smile
comfort you and kiss you when you frown
When grades are good and chores done,
That dress will be bought, and reward won,
It will be given to you because Daddy loves you
I only ask for the truth and confidence
Never arrogance and disobedience
I may not always be right, but with my pure heart I shall guide
Love your mom and kiss her good night
Daddy will never be cruel,
Only spank you, discipline to teach you rules
I love you more,
Than eyes can ever see, ears can ever hear
When at moments of fear, just
Look at the mirror, for you have noone but yourself to fear
There will be a day, when I wont wake
But with the genes we gave and teachings trained
I will never be too far away,
Daddy is but a memory away
Look to the clouds on a bright day
Or dark in a feeling of dismay
A soft kiss will be felt in the cool
Soft mist, because “DADA”
Will always be there &
Will always love you

No comments: